Thursday, March 30, 2017

Thursday: work

There are doors, with door knobs and not push bars, on the stairwells at work.  They're rather annoying, as people are constantly opening them and getting in the way of each other.  But I'm sure they're there for a reason.

Before spring break, two of the three doors opened just by pushing on them.  (I was always hitting that third one and realizing I needed to actually turn the door knob.)  It was handy as my hands are so often full of stuff.  (Pockets!  I need better pockets!  But that is for another day.)

After break there were signs posted: "Door knobs now need to be turned due to fire code."  The doors are now more annoying.  But it's given everyone something to talk about at work.  Perhaps it's actually a team building exercise as no one likes having to turn the knob.

No comments: