Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tuesday: Joshua

I picked up Joshua from his classroom and he bounced over when he saw me.  There was such a look of delight...it was nice.

One of the caretakers noticed that he now brings Bear instead of Elephant.  I mentioned that Joshua has started asking for Bear instead.  Joshua said, "Elephant sad.  Elephant sad because Bear happy."

We got to the car.  Joshua was very worried about the wind blowing his hat off, so he took it off half way to the car and put it in the trunk.  It wasn't that windy.  But apparently the thing to do.  As I was buckling him in, he said, "Bear not important."  I said, "No?"  Joshua responded, "Jesus important."  I thought about getting into a discussion about Bear could still be important but decided not to.

We got home and I was telling this to Ben.  "Why is Elephant sad?" I asked.  "Elephant poor."  he responded.  Hmm...where did he get that from?  Later he said, "Bear happy.  Poor elephant."  so I'm wondering if he just got his words backwards.

He's also been making new things out of Duplos instead of just birthday cakes.  Yesterday Ben got a maze and today he made a caterpillar.

Also, happy Pi day.

1 comment:

betsy said...

I don't see a donut on your plate?!?! ;)