Friday, February 9, 2018

Cruise - day 7: sea day, sort of

Today was our last day on the boat.   It started with breakfast, as always. They really were delicious breakfasts...a lovely assortment of food and yummy things.

It was a day back at Castaway Cay, but we decided to just stay on the boat instead.  We finished up the last of the three detective things.  This was one of Isaac's favorite parts.

Isaac would hold the card in front of a "painting" and it would make him do a little game (pop ballons, light rockets, use a flashlight to find a clue) and then he would find some of the lost items or a clue on who was the bad guy.  Pluto elevator
During one of them Joshua snuck Pluto into my purse strap and then said, "Mom!  I don't have Pluto!"  "Where is he?" I asked.  "On the elevator."  "WHAT?!?!?!"  I ran over to push the elevator button, but since there are always four elevators in a bank I didn't have much hope the right one would come.  Well, it came right away and Pluto wasn't on it.  Joshua had been carrying it around all the time, and I didn't really want him to lose it because buying him a new one would feel like a parenting fail.  Then Joshua told me Pluto was in my purse.  I was not amused.  (Although now that it is done I am.)

We took a nap.  Joshua was super cute.

We went to take a few more pictures before our last dinner.  This is the lobby from the second floor.

I had wanted to get at least one picture with Mickey.  Since it was so close to the end there was no official photographer, which in several ways was nice.

Our dinner was in Animator's Palace again, and it was a great place to end up.  This time we drew some figures and they were animated in a short show.




I tried to get a few pictures with a few of the scenes we were in, but I'm not sure it worked.



There was a puppy that showed up on the ground this time.

After dinner we went swimming for the last time.  Well, Ben and Isaac did.  Joshua and I ended up just sitting and watching whatever was on the screen.  They went down the water slide 10 times!  (There was no line.) Isaac was so excited to beat his old record.  By the end the cast member had Isaac repeating the rules instead of him.

That night we had rough seas.  Luggage that was outside was rolling all over the place.  Hangers were banging and safes were slamming.  It's a bit too bad that it was the last night as everything was packed up instead of being able to help quiet things down.  We survived, but Ben and I were awake for a few hours.

We had our last breakfast in Animator's Palace again and then had to leave.  :(  It was a wonderful vacation.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Love the mickey family photo!!!