Friday, February 16, 2018

Friday: phone, day off

Last night my phone died.  (It was apparently a really bad day for me and electronics.)  It died-died too.  While it's being fixed, which will take about two weeks, I haven't decided what I'm doing.  Here's what you need to know...

1. Texts will still get to me.  It will just go via my computer, so it might take a while for me to see it.
2. I can still talk to you, but again, via the computer.  It would need to be prearranged.
3. Getting a hold of Ben will be the best bet.

It was a bit annoying to be without my phone today, but also a bit liberating.  We'll see how I feel after a few more days.  I don't really get many calls or texts, so it really shouldn't be a big deal.  (Although I did lose my grocery list and my contacts.  I'm rather sad about those.)

Today Isaac had the day off of school.  He spent quite a bit of time doing extra work to earn money.  His goal is $40 and he needed $4 I think.  I'm not sure how much he ended up with, but he didn't make it.  I was trying to be semi-proportional to what he earns for his allowance, but it's a hard thing to figure out.  Joshua went crazy with Legos...his tree house was attached to the fire station and there was a beast that was put in jail and Grey Bear was saving the people that had been vacationing via the fire plane.  I really wanted to take a picture, but no phone.

We went to Hope College for a child observation for the psych class.  The kids apparently got rave reviews.  Isaac interacted very well, as was appropriate for a 6 year old.  Although at a few points he stood up and did a short crazy dance.  The professor left the room for a short time, after putting playdoh on the table and asking the boys not to play with it.  Isaac didn't play with it, but the barrel monkeys he was playing with slightly touched it.  So then Joshua very deliberately took Red Monkey's hand and had it touch the play-doh, and I heard a whole bunch of "aww"s from the room.

Then we went to the big library since we were close to it.  They have a nice play area, so the boys played well while I found books.  Monkey was almost left in the freezer, but we remembered just in time to go back and get him.  They knew exactly where he was.

No comments: