Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Friday: VBS, starting vacation

I'll admit, I don't remember much about the last day of VBS.  I think it went fine.  During prayer request time I was asked to "pray for my grandmother...who's already dead".  I knew what they meant though.

You can see Joshua in the front row below.





After VBS I continued packing.  I skipped my nap because I knew I wasn't going to be able to settle enough to sleep.  This meant we got out the door on time, but that we didn't travel as far because I wasn't up to it.  We made it about five hours or so, so still over half the trip.  The boys fell asleep promptly, so that was good.

We made a stop in Champaign to pick up some cheese dip from our favorite restaurant.  It was surprising how much I didn't remember about the roads.  We didn't go into the city very deep because we wanted to get farther down the road.


No comments: