Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Wednesday: scary

Today I brought Ben's car in to get the winter tires on.  The trip - drop off Isaac, drop off Joshua, get to the place - was one of the scariest drives I've had.  The car didn't have all season tires on, it had summer tires on.  Summer tires don't work well at all in the (partial) snow.   They don't stop.  They don't turn.  They barely go straight. I told Ben I am never doing that again.  If the snow surprises us next year he can drive to the shop and I'll follow him and switch cars there.

I made it though!  I was only about ten minutes late, but late enough that all the people had started on a car so I needed to wait a bit longer than expected.  After the winter tires were back on driving went so, so much better.

The snowman keeps bending over more and more in our front yard.  I've made lots of snowmen that have done this, but usually there is a heat source on one side that barely melts the snow before it bends and refreezes.  I'm not really sure why this snowman is bowing so low.

2 comments:

Heather D. said...

He looks like he's on his knees being held hostage! That poor snowman!😜

betsy said...

This makes me glad we don't change tires with seasons on our vehicles! Glad you made it!