Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas

Peace.

This Christmas, as the Prince of Peace appeared to the world, my heart was peaceful.  I'm sure the things around me contributed: snow on the ground, not going anywhere, and a happy family.  But there was a deeper peace too.  The world is rather crazy right now, but God is not.


Anyway, the boys had to do two things today before we opened presents: play outside and play with Mario Kart before the floor got messy.  Joshua wasn't really excited about either, but then finally started to enjoy sledding...until he tipped over to not hit a tree and face planted in the snow.  Isaac proceeded to actually hit the tree a minute later, but there were no real issues.  Isaac and I stayed out a little longer and cracked a bunch of ice.  There were many air bubbles under the ice and I wasn't expecting that.  We let a whole bunch go free.









Then presents! Joshua made Ben and I boxes out of Lego and put special pieces in them.



Isaac made me some dispensers.  He had a whole idea behind them and executed his plans well.  I'll admit though...I'm not sure how to use them well. I suppose they will be used poorly for a bit and then they might disappear.  There was love behind them for sure though.



We collect loose lego throughout the year.  Isaac ended up with a ton.

Time to play!  The boys got out their Lego sets.  (Ben ended up doing more troubleshooting than normal though.  In an odd change of pace, my back was hurting more than his.  Once I started moving it was ok-ish, but I was moving slowly.)  


I set up my Lego puzzle (still Lego themed!) at the table.  Joshua was super cute with his.  It took a bit to get the instructions up, but he looked thoroughly at the box and bags and told us everything.  Then he looked at the first pages of the instructions and called out what bag when to what building.  Then any time there was a completed part or just an interesting single part it showed it to everyone and explained why it was interesting.  He was a chatterbox, but in a fun way.

The rest of the day was relaxing.  We did a zoom call with Ben's family and opened a few more presents.  We had plenty of screen time.  It was an excellent day.

No comments: