Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Wednesday: annoying things

First let's talk about groceries.  I felt reprimanded at the checkout because I hadn't printed stickers for all my produce.  I've never needed to before; I've just scanned the barcode on my app.  The lady said that they're cracking down on checking produce and checking the bottom of the bag.  While I completely understand this, also understand that I am only going to print out a ticket upon request.  I don't need extra stickers filling up my house.  So anyway, I go to get a bar code for the pears and the first two machines were out of stickers.  I finally got a sticker, we go to scan it and it doesn't show up as something I've scanned.  Instead of immediately saying something like, "oh, sometimes the two weights are slightly off so it doesn't notice it" she makes me feel dumb like I forgot to scan it and I apologize and whatnot.  She eventually gets around to telling me this and we find it in my list and it was $0.01 off.  Since I was all flustered I forgot to add my coupons.

I also forgot to get apples, although that's only my fault.

I also organized our tax stuff today.  I'm a bit annoyed with a few charities that don't send out year-end receipts or put the donated-to-date on each statement.  I also had one that didn't send me any receipts all year.  There's one that I had asked to stop sending paper mailings but send me a year end and of course that didn't happen.  Anyway, I sent out two emails to the "worst" offenders today.  I think that if they can't get something a little closer to what I'm looking for we might switch where our donations go.  There's a ton of good work being done in the world (and to further God's kingdom), so I can choose one with contribution receipts.

No comments: