Saturday, April 9, 2022

Saturday: April 9

This wasn't going to be a depressing post.  It was going to be a post about how it's Mom's death day, but it wasn't a bad day.  There are still bad times, and there are often times I wonder what it would be like if she was still around, but most of the time is just ...normal.

And then, as I was writing this, I realized that it is the 20 year anniversary.  It means I've now been alive longer without her than with her.  

update: I was looking through past blog posts on this day, and a few years ago I put a few pictures of when Nathan and I were the same age as Isaac and Joshua.  It was in 1992.  Apparently we got two new trees that year.

A redbud tree to replace an ornamental cherry tree.


And a tulip tree.  I think they decided to just put one in the yard; I don't recall anything being there before.  This poor tree almost didn't make it.  If I recall correctly, the first year it just sat there without leaves.  Then it sprouted the next year, so it was kept.  The tree is gigantic now.  I periodically go by the house and can't believe it used to be a scrawny little thing.  We also had the neighbor boy join us (closest to the tree).



1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Was thinking of you and couldn't believe it's been 20 years ago already! I think, if I remember correctly that she was about my age which would mean she was aboutJamie's age now that she passed away. It is different to think about it that way.