Monday, April 18, 2022

Sunday: Happy Easter!

He is risen!  He is risen indeed!

Joshua greeted me with these words as I came out of the bedroom in the morning and it felt good.  

We had a pretty normal Sunday, although we did (finally) make empty tomb rolls.  I've been meaning to for years, but finally had all the right ingredients and remembered.  Joshua was quite surprised that there was no marshmallow in the final product and asked if I had taken it out.  (He also wondered why they are called empty tomb rolls when we put Jesus inside before baking.)  Isaac figured it out right away, but was still delighted by it.

Making the rolls was a bit of a surprise.  Joshua's four when fine.  I got Isaac started, and after one he asked if he could take a break to have first breakfast because he was so hungry.  I asked him to keep going because I wanted to get them in the oven.  After the second one he was more firm...he needed first breakfast then and there. He was still hungry after the third one, and couldn't finish the fourth because he needed more food.  I finished it up while he had a half of an apple.  I feel like this might be a bad sign for things to come. :)

We got Boston Market for our Easter dinner, and the mashed potatoes were a surprising hit.  Not for Ben and I - I know we love mashed potatoes.  But I feel like the boys haven't always enjoyed them.  Anyway, as somewhat normal, I made more potatoes in the evening to round out the rest of the left overs.  The boys were excited to help peel the potatoes (and Joshua even had seconds of the mashed potatoes!)





No comments: