Thursday, July 7, 2022

Thursday: games

Today there was nothing on the calendar, surprisingly!  We got groceries and made a quick stop at the library.  Joshua and I rode our bikes around the lake and we played a ton of board games.  The kids don't seem to enjoy the same games which is annoying, but it also means that I have some one-on-one time with both of them.


Most of the games were really fun, except for red black.  Yes, this dumb card game has shown up in our house again.  The rules have changed from when Isaac was two, but not by much.  Joshua looked at a card, asked me, "red or black?" and I'd respond with red.  Every time.  I didn't want to be playing this game but it was almost bedtime so I persevered.  He did add a few extra questions, "what number between one and x?"  I always guessed x, and it was often correct.  Joshua was entertained by this game for a longer time than I was expecting, especially since I always gave the same answer.


No comments: