Monday, October 3, 2022

Sunday: Happy Adult Day

Joshua decided that today should be Adult Day.  It's like Mother's Day or Father's Day, but for any adult.  He had a whole list planned out.  He was going to make breakfast, we'd play a game, get presents after rest time, take an extra nap, and have a special dessert after dinner.  I feel like there was one more thing too.  In the end, we got everything crossed off the list. :)

We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  I helped a bit, but made them at least get them started.  


We played Dominion for the game.  It turns out that Joshua really likes using attack cards.

We didn't actually take an extra nap, but Joshua said it was a long nap.  That's probably because Joshua woke me up in the middle of the night coughing.  I also didn't like the sound of his breathing so he used the nebulizer and then we slept on the couch.  I slept, but it took a while to get to sleep and then it wasn't great sleep.

After we got up Ben opened the presents.  Joshua had made a bunch of Lego creations including a fountain, puzzle, and some hearts.  Isaac made us some hug tickets.  I told him I was going to save them for a time he didn't want to be hugged and he said that was fine.  We'll see if he feels that way then.


The planned dessert had gone bad, so I gave the boys mug cakes.  I realize Ben and I didn't have any, but I guess that's a luxury we have on Adult Day.


No comments: