Monday, October 17, 2022

Sunday: Sunday school

Last week Isaac complained that Sunday school was boring; they were learning the same stories that he already knew.  I actually understand this.  It's been hard to find Bibles/devotionals at this point that don't just go over the 'big' stories of the Bible.  Not that they aren't important, but there is so much more to learn.

Anyway, Isaac came to the adult Sunday school today with me.  It's a different format this semester, where there is a short teaching about different ways to pray and then you pray using that method.  Today was focusing on Adoration, so as a practice we put out attributes of God following the alphabet.  Isaac participated!  He had several, but my favorite of his was 'unworried'.  His favorite of mine was 'umbrella'.  I think it'd be an interesting exercise to do with kids because they don't have the standard words that are normally used to describe God as engrained in them and you'd get some unique descriptors.  

Joshua joined at the end because it was going long.  The leader had thought that Q was going to be a problem (it wasn't) but as we were talking about it on the way home Joshua mentioned that 'you are my Q' would have been good.  I was a bit confused at first, thinking he meant queue.  After talking it through I realized he actually meant cue, and it became a good attribute.


No comments: