Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Last Thursday: lines vs planes

 So I'm in my karate class, working on my round-house kick.  We're getting pretty technical with it, making sure it is being done exactly right and not just mostly correct.

The instructor tells me to make a line with my shoulders, hips, and knee.  I look at him funny, because the hip to knee is also supposed to be parallel to the floor and then I can't see what I'm kicking.  "A line?" I say.  After finally understanding what he's trying to say and he understands what I'm thinking we realize that it is more a plane.  The three points all need to be on the same plane.  The instructor proceeded to laugh at me for my technicality, because no one else in the class would have been confused.  (To be fair, I'm also about twenty-five years older than anyone else in the class.)

No comments: