Monday, April 1, 2024

Monday: racquetball, furniture

Today's main activity was going to try racquetball with the kids.  It was actually a really good day, since Hope was still on Easter break.  We're debating about it being Joshua's main exercise during the summer.  It went a lot better than I expected...even though Joshua tweaked his wrist at the end.  They liked the echoes, could sometimes hit the ball, could serve the ball well enough, and overall had a pretty good time.

I won the actual game we played, 7-0-0.  Just to make sure they don't think they're doing too well.  We did cycle through twice, because Isaac had a really good return that I couldn't reach.

I also found a lot of instincts ingrained in me.  *Don't look backwards.  *Crouch down when you don't know what's going on behind you. *Serve to the corners.  *Move to the middle

The crouching one was the funniest, because the kids are not strong enough hitters to actually hurt me even if they did manage to hit the ball.  But otherwise my back tingled too much.

I completely enjoyed myself.  I miss racquetball.


The kids were bored on-and-off today, so they decided that we should move around the bedroom furniture today.  I wasn't about to argue, so that's what we did in the afternoon.  They were amazing helpers!  And strong.  The whole project took about an hour, and that included cleaning all the dust bunnies and putting the room mostly back to rights.  Ben was surprised when he got home.

Joshua is at a sleepover tonight.  We've tried doing this sleepover several times and it hasn't worked, but since it's now 10pm and he's been sleeping for over an hour I'm optimistic.  Last night when I reminded him it was a bit rough, but by the morning he seemed to have snapped out of it.  I also brought him over pretty late, hoping that if there wasn't too much time before bed to get wound it up would be easier.

No comments: