Saturday, February 13, 2010

Friday: school buses

Today we had to do some errands, and we ended up going near the schools just as they were getting out. There were buses everywhere. We ended up behind one. It stopped, two kids got off, crossed the road, and went into their respective houses. We go again. Ten feet later the bus stops, one kid gets off, crosses the road, and goes into his house.

Seriously? I guess I don't understand this new fad with stopping in front of every single house. I can understand wanting to have a bus stop in sight of your house or maybe for elementary schools, but I really feel that older kids should all be able to get out and walk the ten extra feet. Bus stops were good places for meeting kids in the neighborhood (SARAH VANDERBILT WERE ARE YOU NOW?!?) and getting a little exercise and I'm a little sad that they're disappearing.

1 comment:

Zachary and Jennifer said...

I know what you mean. Ben and I had a serious walk to and from the bus stop. So far that we sometimes rode our bikes there.
Zach