Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday: snowed in

Today I got up, looked outside with sleep still in my eyes, and said, "The roads are clear. We can shovel and go to work." I get outside, take a look, and quickly change my mind. There was a drift at the end of our driveway that was 3.5' tall. Most of the driveway had at least 1.5' of snow. Ben and I went back inside, hoping that it would blow away. (It didn't. We've shoveled just enough to get out with the car in case of emergency.)

The benefit of working from home, besides not getting cranky shoveling, was that Flurry kept coming to sit in my lap. That was very nice.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't really look like 3.5' from the picture but we measured it and it is. I think I'm going to be very sore tomorrow from all the shoveling.
-Ben

sailor42 said...

Is that your truck?

Amanda said...

No, it's the neighboors