Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday: snowplow

Today was Ben's day to work from home. It works well...I usually go in a little earlier. Today I got up and looked out the window. The snow didn't look too bad on the driveway, but I thought I'd shovel the end to keep it clean. Just as I start shoveling the snowplow went by on the other side of the road. I thought "oh great, it'll probably come around on this side right after I finish shoveling and bring that terrible heavy stuff with it." Soon afterwards I get to the end of the driveway and realize that the snow had drifted. It was up to my knees. Sigh. I start shoveling, rather sure that I've already shoveled this snow twice yesterday. I reach the end of the driveway and realize that there is still two feet of this knee-high snow. Then I hear a rumble in the background. The snowplow is coming back! I was so happy. It didn't even put a lot of bad snow in front of the driveway and took away most of the snow that was still left away.

Three cheers for the snowplow driver!

No comments: