Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sunday: good byes

Today was the worst good bye day.

But first, a cool story. I messed up my ATM card a while back (it's a long and complicated story) and got a new PIN number...I think in early February. I got it, looked at it for a second, and then put it somewhere, thinking that I'd find it again before I had to use the ATM. Well, I realized last night as I was half asleep that I didn't have my PIN number. But I did think of four digits in my have dream state. In the morning I first tried the old PIN, which unsurprisingly didn't work. So I tried the four digits that I dreamed last night. And they worked. How cool is the brain??

Church gave us a nice send off with some cake.

Ben also played the drums...fun songs were picked out just for him.

But it was the time after both services that was the hardest, as we said good bye to the best friends that we've made in New York. I know that everyone hates good byes, but I've decided they're good in a way too. They give value to the relationships that were made.

“No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are throroughly persuaded of each other’s worth. “ Robert Southery

But I still have Ben. He held my hand as I cried when we left the parking lot. He even shifted with his left hand so he didn't have to let go of my hand.

We finally left Owego around 3pm.

Flurry did ok. She was quiet some of the time and when she was crying they weren't the super distressed cries, just the annoyed meows.


3 comments:

Jess said...

I'm glad Flurry did OK. This post made me cry, Sunday was super sad, I cried most of the way home. I miss you lots.

betsy said...

is flurry riding in the front seat? does that mean you are in the back? :)

Aventure canadienne said...

Hey Amanda, I am glad you guys made it to your new home safely. I know that having to say good-byes it really hard. But you're right when you say it puts value to friendships. I can't say enough about the friendships we made in NY and have made here in Canada. God is so good and has helped me get settled here. It wasn't easy but it was totally God. Love you guys and I'm sad we didn't get to say bye.