Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday: goat legs

Every night the animals from our Nativity set take a walk.  This happened when I was growing up and my parents said it was "Christmas Magic" but Christmas Magic has not come to this house.  So I need to move the animals.  Isaac is delighted to find the animals every morning and dutifully puts them back in their place.

Yesterday he dropped the goat.  I was expecting this to happen at some point and had decided not to get upset.  (I decided that it was more fun to find the animals every day than to just look at them.)  Anyway, I was running to the mailbox when it dropped and when I got back Isaac had one leg and the body and was saying "broke, broke".  I glued the leg back on.  The problem is that two legs had broken and I could not find the second one, nor did I really know where to look.  (Also, the goat wouldn't stand up on three legs.)

But, Hallelujah!, the missing leg was found today.  The goat is still in the hospital until tomorrow, but should make an almost full recovery.

No comments: