Friday, January 22, 2016

Thursday: today

Today I was rather glad it didn't snow last night so that I could get back in bed for ten more minutes.  It's a good thing my eyes didn't deceive me, as they often do with snow.  Also, I always feel like we're running about five minutes early until we start pulling out of the driveway, at which point I feel like we're running about five minutes later than ideal.

Work went fine.  Some good, some medium.  Nothing all that bad though.

I picked up the kids.  They had both had a good day.  After being home for an hour or so Joshua went a bit crazy.  So we went in his room to read and see if that would calm him down.  Nope.  He said, "Look, I can stand on my little chair!"  then "Look, I can stand on my chair's arm while holding the crib" then "Look, I don't need to hold the crib!"  At that point I put an end to it, flipping the chair on it's back so he can't stand on the arms.  So he proceeded to throw things and himself across the room.  (Yes, himself.  It was odd.  I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone throw themselves across a room before.)  So we took a bigger time out and watched some TV.  The boys cuddled with me and I think I took a brief nap because I don't remember about 15 minutes of the show we were watching.  Joshua calmed down, at least for a bit.  Then Ben got home so there were at least two of us to deal with the crazy.

No comments: