Sunday, December 4, 2016

59 months

Isaac turned 59 months last week.  I took the pictures on time but then didn't post because other things have been interesting.


When he grows up, he wants to be a big puppy dog.  When I asked him how far he thinks he could run, he thought he could get to church.  (This might be just a bit ambitious, but not much.  It was a well thought out answer.)


He loves being silly and playing and running.  He likes to give out treats, "just because I love you."  He likes school, can read some words (although I'm not sure he realizes he's reading them), and sometimes remembers 20 and 30 when counting.  He knows the prefixes for many big numbers (like sixty).


I've blown his mind by telling him there weren't cars 100 years ago.  I shocked him into silence when I told him he wouldn't have to take naps in kindergarten. 


He comes up with the craziest things.  Above his is Duploface.  He has asked what we would do if Joshua made his bedroom so messy that we couldn't get in it.  What if milk was pouring from the ceiling?  What if there was only one car in the city?  I still also love to see his bedroom after quiet time...I'm never sure what I'm going to find.


We're still working on not crying over every little thing, but for the most part he's been doing a pretty good job.


He is a very easy kid to make happy.  He loves going places, especially CC's house, Grandma's house, Ethan's house, to the playground, or any other fun spot.  If those fail, you can give him treats.  He has a mailbox in his bedroom that he put there a while ago, but he still loves getting stuff.  Candy is the easiest thing to give him.


1 comment:

betsy said...

That red/green shirt picture is adorable!!!