Saturday, December 24, 2016

Saturday: Christmas eve

Today we opened presents as a family.  (Unpictured: I got a new space heater for the basement and some legos and to sleep in!  The legos have a light brick that I'm excited to see. And since I slept in I didn't take a nap and so it felt like I had two extra hours today.  It was awesome.)




Isaac was as excited as a 5 year old can get to get the laser maze.  There was jumping and falling on the floor.


We went to pick up McDonald's for lunch.  I didn't make the boys wear their hats or mittens, but of course they were cold in the car.  (I did offer to let them wear them and they declined.)  I told Isaac to put his wipe on his head.  Even though I suggested it, turning around to see it made me crack up laughing.

We went to church, but getting out the door was surprisingly hard.  Joshua...I'm not sure what Joshua wanted but it wasn't to go to church.  Isaac knew he would have to go to big church and so wanted to bring laser maze and starting crying when we said no.  We got there in one piece though and it was a nice service.



J: mushroom?
I: maybe
J: Maybe?
I: Maybe it'll be a mushroom.  You'll see.
Joshua eats the mushroom that he already has.
I: The mushroom's all gone Joshua.  You put the toothpicks in here.
J: all done?  Oh!  It's a mushroom?
I: Meat?
J: Mead?
I: Meat.
J: I eat it?
I: Yes.
I: drop it.
J: drop
I: eggs?
J: Please more Isaac!
I: Eggs Joshua?
J: something one more, one more, one more.
I: eggs
J: Eggs

No comments: