Thursday, December 22, 2016

Thursday: oh Joshua

Joshua woke up several times last night.

1. Something was wrong with the book.  I think he feel asleep on it and was unhappy about that.
2. That book was still in his bed and he wanted it out.  But he also wanted a different one.  Not a different I-Spy.  We settled on Elmo.  I won't tell you how long it took me to figure this out at 2am in the morning.
3. Blankets.
4. He wanted to get up.  It was 6:45 and so it was understandable, but the light wasn't green yet.  I brought him to the bathroom and then "settled" him in bed for a few more minutes.

Nap time rolls around and he is dead on his feet.  He can't finish the game we're playing because he just wants to go to bed.  Ok.  I put him in bed.  Nothing is right.  The wrong blanket is on.  Bear is missing.  He dropped his Duplos.  He needs a book.  Thirty minutes later I take him into bed with me and we finally get to sleep.

Tonight rolls around and Ben is putting him down. He wants a book.  He says an I-spy one.  No, one from his shelf.  No, that book is too big.  They finally find one.  As I'm leaving Isaac's room he calls me over, but is able to move the book out of his way by himself.  Five minutes later he calls, because he wants me to see him putting a duplo in the bucket.  A half hour later he calls, saying, "I'm grumpy" which is his code phrase for "I need my nose wiped."  We find his wipe.  We find Bear and Elephant.

And he finally falls asleep.  Hopefully I don't hear any more for the rest of the night.

No comments: