Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday: reason

"Am I being reasonable?"

I feel like this is the latest I find myself asking myself a lot.  Usually the answer is yes.

It's a bit easier with Isaac because he can articulate his thought process a bit better.  Even if he doesn't do exactly as I ask I can understand what he thinks and sometimes I change and sometimes he needs to change.

It's harder with Joshua because, well, he's two.  I asked him to put his dirty laundry in the basket today.  He got the basket to his room, but then gave up and decided to "sleep."  It was just about nap time anyway, so he had the choice of going to sleep right away or doing his laundry.  He didn't choose laundry and went to the bathroom instead, which I mentioned should be done before his nap.  I did his laundry.  He was very sad to find out upon returning to his bedroom that I meant it and that it was too late for laundry.  After trying, and succeeding, in controlling how many socks he was wearing to bed he finally started to calm down.

Hmm.  We seem to be having the biggest problems around nap time.  Maybe something needs to change.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments: