Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Tuesday: break!

Today was winter break.  I brought the kids to school.  They were excited for their Valentine's parties.

This morning I did work-ish things.  I cleaned all my quilting areas, something I probably haven't done since Joshua was born.  I farmed some food for WoW.  You know, important things.


Ben asked me out to lunch so we went to the Wild Chef.  It was quite empty, probably because most people would be going out in the evening.  It was nice.

Then I relaxed in the afternoon.  I've started watching Travelers, and am quickly watching the season.  I also did some quilting.

For dinner we had pancakes.  I like making pancakes alone because the first few never work out quite right and trying to get everything ready while still being hot.  Isaac was giving me too much feedback on which pancakes he did, or didn't want.  After the second one of "I definitely don't want that one" I threw him out of the kitchen.  Especially since it was not that bad.  In doing so, I managed to make him cry for the second time that day.  (The first time was when I said it wasn't very nice to call the heart I made for him blah.  It was just a passing comment to me, but apparently not to him.)  I understand why he cried and I semi-quickly called him back in and we talked...both of us could have handled it better.  Luckily, he still loves me.