Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sunday: something I'd never do

Today I did something I was sure I'd never do.

I sorted Legos by color.

I know, it seems weird.  But growing up all the Legos just went in a box.  Ben's collection just has everything in a box.  Why spend the time sorting the Legos when you're really looking for a specific shape, not a color.  Why spend time sorting Legos at all when it is rather fun to hunt for a piece you need only to find something that will work even better?

But it turns out that I have a son who is enjoying putting Legos together using the instructions.  (That makes sense to me.  I enjoy that too.)  However, this son is still having a hard time searching through a large amount of Legos to find what he needs.  To facilitate fewer "Mom, I can't find this piece" calls, I decided it was time to sort them by color, as the book recommends.

I feel I've started down a slippery slope.

1 comment:

The Accidental Boilermaker said...

I like building things from the instructions too but evelyn decided to rip them into pieces 🙁