Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Tuesday: and the thunder rolled

"Who took my slippers??" I questioned.

Joshua broke out into a big grin and went to get them.  As he picked them up, near a window, lightning flashed.  A second later, when he was in the middle of the room, the thunder rolled.  It was loud, but not the crack of really close lightning.

Joshua freaked out.  He dropped the slippers and ran to me as fast as possible, cuddling with me for minutes.  For the next 20 minutes we heard heard the story.

"By the TV."
"Thunder scared me"
"Outside"
"Loud"
"Scared"

Anyway, bed time rolls around and he's still a bit out of sorts.  There is still some thunder rolling around, but not very loud.  I put him in bed anyway, and tell him that we'll be downstairs.  Two minutes later he's done.  This feels real to me and he was so scared earlier.  I put him in a sleeping bag in the basement office.  That way he can see us but can still go to sleep and Ben and I can play Warcraft.


It worked well, as long as it doesn't become a regular thing.

No comments: