Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Wednesday: projects and outside

We started the day with a project.  The goal of the project was to come up with an automatically closing door for the basement.  Flurry likes to come in to say hi, but she doesn't close the door very well and all of our nice warm air quickly escapes.  Ben and I have been mulling this over for a while, since we didn't want to harm the door.  I finally figured out a solution.


Command Hooks.  Seriously, why didn't I think of them sooner?  There is a string that goes from the doorknob over the command hook on the door then over the command hook on the wall and down to the mug.  I was hoping to have a light rope instead of string, but we didn't have enough on hand.  If the string stretches too much I'll replace it at that time.  I also covered the mug with some left over batting to help stop scraping against the wall.

After the first try, the system works very well!  The door also stays open if you open it all the way, which is a nice bonus.  However, Flurry hasn't tried it yet so it still needs to pass its final test.

(Update: Flurry got in!)

We went to the Nature Center with some friends after rest time.  It was a beautiful day, so it was nice to get out.



Joshua has his hat on because "sometimes I'm cold."

No comments: