Thursday, December 21, 2017

Thursday: Isaac and Christmas

Isaac had a Christmas party today at school.  Apparently it didn't feel much like a Christmas party to him since he was confused when we asked him if he enjoyed his Christmas party.  But I got to go and help out a bit and that was fun.  I tried to put faces to a few of the names that Isaac has mentioned.  (We finally figured out the name of "the friend I see at recess and once in the bathroom and once at lunch.  But now he plays with someone at recess whose name is "my silly friend.")

I didn't take any pictures during the party, but I did find his picture up in the hallway.  The first one was outside his classroom: Mrs. Kreple had taken a picture of each student.


The second picture was being the winner of the Gratitude award.  The caption reads, "Isaac shows gratitude in school every day!  He works to use awesome manners by always saying "thanks" when given help with an assignment.  I am so very proud to have Isaac in class this year!"

Isaac's last funny thing recently is that he switched his view on Santa - from not believing in him to thinking he's real.  He told me it was because everyone in his class thought Santa was real as I was trying to explain to him why we don't yell, "Santa's not real" at Joshua's school.  It was a confusing conversation, so I stopped talking.  Here we have our first documentable instance of peer pressure at work. :s  (Although I'm not sure how strong his conviction is.  We'll just see how it plays out.)

No comments: