Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sunday: church

Our church is starting a new Sunday morning schedule.  Services are at 9 and 11 with a Sunday school hour in the middle.

I'll admit, I'm not sure I'm excited about the change.  While it isn't bad to have Isaac in the church service, I don't think he gets a ton out of it.  There is singing during Sunday School, so he has a time of worship.  Again, while more worship isn't bad I'm not sure it'll be good either.  Joshua is scheduled to just have another hour of Sunday school/play time.

Today I was the volunteer for the extra hour.  They're having a hard time getting volunteers, which is why there was only one.  Anyway, Joshua was also the only kid that showed up.  The director let us take a bucket of toys and we played in the back area so that I could -somewhat- listen to the service too.  Maybe no one is planning on coming and that's why they're having a hard time getting volunteers.

But in happy news, I went up early to catch the non-existent kids as they showed up.  The kids were still singing in Sunday School, and I saw Joshua with Grey Bear on his head.  (His old Sunday school teacher showed up at one point earlier and said hi to Joshua and to Grey Bear. :)  )  Isaac was next to Joshua, and they were holding hands.  You never know what happens when you're not around, and this was rather cute.

1 comment:

betsy said...

We do Sunday school after the service too. This is the first year our kids are participating because we also don't love the extra hour. Hopefully once we get into the swing of it, it'll be ok