Saturday, June 25, 2022

Saturday: VBS

The worst part about VBS is that the songs get stuck in your head.  There are good songs this year, but the parts I don't ...resonate with as much... are of course the parts in my head.  It's annoying.

I also bought some new sandals.  The old ones were holding together by a thread.  Almost literally.


Last night Joshua decided he needed to sleep on the couch.  He was willing to sleep in his room if there was a partition up around his bed because apparently otherwise his room is creepy.*  Well, the thumbtacks finally all fell out and I don't want to put more holes in the ceiling.  I told him he could sleep on the couch if he couldn't handle it, and he quickly took me up on the offer, unfortunately.  (I was hoping we could just be done with the whole creepy bedroom attitude.)  So today we worked on a new system.  It's still pretty cobbled together with sticks, zip ties, an old baby food container, and the tacks, but I'm a bit more optimistic about it.  (The tacks go into a tack board this time, so it was a better solution.)  Two of the three poles I think will hold well while the third might slip down.  We'll deal with that later as needed.

*When the boys separated bedrooms last time...maybe three months ago?...we had some issues with Joshua sleeping in the loft because it was creepy.  So I hung up a sheet around his bed using thumbtacks put into the ceiling.  They've slowly been coming out, but held up longer than I was expecting.

No comments: