Thursday, June 2, 2022

Tuesday: zoo

Joshua had a field trip to the zoo today!  It was a bit sad that it was right after Memorial Day, but we managed just fine.

We went via bus.  This was so much nicer than driving.


I had three boys in my group; here they are being meerkats.  The zoo was busy, although not as busy as some of the stories I've heard lately.  (The meerkat bubble was pretty crowded.)




We found a zookeeper waiting to put back some tortoises and willing to answer lots of questions.  It turns out that this tortoise is named Joshua!

We finished with about an hour to spare, so we went to the playground.  By this time it was hot and the playground was hot, so they only lasted about fifteen minutes.  It worked out perfectly though, because they were just starting to board the bus when we walked up!

Joshua still held my hand many times throughout our visit...it's pretty nice that he's still willing to do that.  Isaac did not hold my hand in Lansing.  (As is appropriate.  He doesn't hold my hand much any more, but it's still a bit sad.)


1 comment:

betsy said...

So glad it wasn't crazy busy!