Saturday, August 27, 2022

Friday: sort of last day of summer vacation

...then school comes along just to end it.  (We're watching Phineas and Ferb and there's no way I can say "of summer vacation" without singing more of the theme song.)

Anyway, we still have a weekend left but it's still kind of the last day of summer.  It was an excellent summer.  There were a lot of vacations and a lot of games and more time with friends than previous summers.  Definitely the best summer in a while, although the last two summers were completely empty or scaled back due to COVID.  This also meant that I did a lot of packing and unpacking, but since I ignored most chores (besides food, kitchen stuff, and laundry) it worked out.

So today.  We took a bike ride to a donut shop.  It was 1.5 miles from home which isn't that far, but Joshua isn't solid on his bike yet.  We did it anyway.  He did fall on the way home, but we had two Band-Aids and the fall wasn't really that bad.  He thought he wanted to walk the rest of the way, but we were still a ways out so I told him to get back on his bike and he could do it!  I wasn't sure what I'd do if he decided to refuse, but luckily he didn't.  He was pretty much back to normal a few minutes later.

I also played more games with both kids today than in a normal day.  They asked, I said yes.  It worked well.


No comments: