Monday, August 29, 2022

Monday: back to school

 School started for the kids today!  Isaac's in 5th, Joshua's in 2nd.




The day seemed to go fine for them.  Then it was about time for pick-up, and the sky was rapidly getting dark.  I knew it was supposed to rain this afternoon, but I was hoping it'd hold off until pick-up was finished.  Well, I decided to go a bit early so that I could grab Joshua first if it was raining.  (He comes out about 5-10 minutes before Isaac.)  The rain caught up with me on the way to school, but it wasn't too bad.  It was a light rain when I got Joshua and then sat in the car a few minutes before going back up to get Isaac.  I did a poor job on the timing though, and it started to rain hard.  It was too windy for an umbrella, so the parents all got soaked.  To be fair, the kids all got soaked too.  But at least we were going home and could change.

I was looking through Joshua's homework and found this gem.  It's supposed to be "noisy".  "Nosey", while it would fit the writing prompt, is not what I saw either.  And once I saw it, as two words, there was no un-seeing it.  I had to get Joshua to read it to me so that I could understand.


No comments: