Saturday, January 14, 2023

Saturday: by ourselves

Ben left this morning for a work trip and will be gone several days.  I have a few things planned for the long weekend, but nothing special.  After the first half hour I was lamenting the lack of plans.

But then we fell into a rhythm.  Isaac and I played a game while Joshua set up his bed for a sleepover tonight.  It turned into a castle, with a gate, draw bridge, and separate rooms for him and Grey Bear.  

In good brotherly fashion Isaac went to check it out and before I knew it they were playing some imaginary game.  It went for a long time!  So I cleaned out another drawer.  Before you couldn't find anything but I could fit a lot of stuff in, now you can find everything but I couldn't fit everything in.  So something moved to a different drawer for the time-being.  I did get rid of some stuff, but not in the amazing way that some of the other drawers have changed.  I probably don't need all the pens/pencils/markers, but there's no real reason to get rid of them right now either.  They'll stay around until the next round of decluttering.


The planned activity of the day was graham cracker houses.  While usually a Christmas activity, it just didn't happen this Christmas.  (Also, there were plenty of treats during Christmas and we didn't need more.)  Both boys are getting much better in their creating skills.  Tomorrow is candy day.

Mine.  Small, like normal, to maximize the candy:graham cracker ratio.

Isaac's.  A modern take this year.  He lamented that a half graham cracker isn't a square, which makes building a bit harder.  He also has a non-modern well.

Joshua's.  The main person to try and cut the crackers this year.  (Ben often does something elaborate, but was ok not joining us this year.)  While his roof will be a bit leaky, I was excited to see how he put everything together.  Although you can't see it yet, there's also a fireplace inside.



No comments: