Thursday, January 5, 2023

Thursday: errands

This morning was supposed to be a work morning, but it turned into an errand morning.  I got the oil changed, I picked up some auctions, dropped off some stuff at UPS, dropped off the compost, and went to the library.  Some errands were very fast and some were very slow.

I also went for a walk with Aunt C.  It was rather misty out, but we still had a lovely time.  We went to Ottawa Discovery Center to walk.  We found the birds of prey exhibit!  I haven't gone to ODC that many times, but I guess the times I have gone we've skipped the exhibit.  I thought it would involve a building that you go inside of, like nature centers.  So imagine my surprise when a Bald Eagle starts squawking at us!  There were two bald eagles and they were both quite vocal.  One made normal bird screeches and one...didn't.  


Anyway, I've never been that close to a bald eagle before and they are beautiful.  There were also owls, hawks, and a few other assorted birds of prey.  (FYI, most of the birds were in an accident and now can't fly or hunt anymore.  I think there was one that was imprinted on humans.  But none of them would survive in the wild, which is why they're here.)

No comments: