Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Tuesday: busy day

It ended up being a much busier day than I was expecting.  Groceries, small chores, karate, and grading and suddenly it was time for lunch.  I graded at the library today, partially because I needed to pick up some books anyway and partially to see if the environment would encourage me to grade without distraction.  I think it did, but I'm not sure it helped all that much.

For nap time today I got to nap with Grey Bear and Giraffe.  Giraffe really likes to be on heads, but today I learned that he doesn't really like to be on hair for long periods of time.  So I put him on my head with a blanket.

In the afternoon I took Tornado to the vet.  Did I mention yesterday that he's been meowing more than normal?  There was a sudden change Saturday night.  It isn't constant, but everyone has noticed it.  So I ended up taking him in.  He has tapeworms.  This is a bit surprising since he just had his well-cat check and he's an indoor cat, but that was a result.  The vet didn't really think this would be the meowing cause; it just happened it be something that was caught at the right time.  So we also got some blood work done and will see what the results of that are in a day or two.  

That appointment took slightly longer than I was hoping, so right afterwards I needed to go pick up the kids.  I told them on the way back to the car that we had a guest in the car!  Joshua guessed Aunt C, but Isaac guessed Tornado right away.  Since it was a piano day and I didn't really want to go home in between school and piano we just brought Tornado with us.  I'm not sure that he enjoyed the car, but he didn't seem too distraught either.


We gave Tornado his medicine today.  The packaging says to keep children away for 24 hours (but has nothing to say about adults).  So we're going to do Tornado first and then we'll get Horizon tomorrow and they'll have to stay in the downstairs bathroom during their 24 hours.  (Although when we're in the office at night they can also join us in the office.)

No comments: