Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Wednesday: walk and rock climbing

 I went for a walk with Cheryl this morning.  We saw a ton of wildlife in our one mile walk!  Two snakes, a muskrat, three adult ducks, several baby ducks, a cardinal, and lots of other birds.

This afternoon Cheryl tagged in to be the responsible adult at rock climbing so that I could climb.  For my first time ever!  The workers were rather surprised...I'm there all the time and know all the ropes (somewhat literally), but have never climbed.  Anyway, it was harder than it looks, as expected.  I kind of wish that I could always join them, but that seems like it might be breaking the rules a bit too much.  Isaac and Joshua did a great job of showing me the ropes and helping me out though.  I managed to get over the top of the bouldering wall (even though the easiest route had been removed).  I also did an auto-belay (oh, it is scary letting go at the top) and worked on a take-away route with Joshua.




No comments: