Friday, April 27, 2012

Thursday: time to sleep

3:00am: I woke up and got out of bed, put on my robe, and realized that there wasn't a half baby in the living room that needed my attention.  (Don't ask for details...that's all I know.)  I wondered if Isaac had still woken me up without realizing it, so I went to the bathroom and got some water.  He was still quiet so I went back to sleep.

4:00am: Isaac wakes up hungry.  I was so proud of him...he had slept for 4.5 hours!  While I was changing him the first time he smiled at me...oh no, bad sign.  He's awake.  Well, maybe he'll fall asleep while eating some more.

4:20am: Isaac is awake and wants to tell Ben and I a story.  We don't want to hear it, so we open his door and turn off the monitor.  He just tells us the story more loudly.

4:40am: He finally goes to sleep.

6:00am: Isaac thinks it's time to wake up again.  It takes 20 minutes of convincing, but he changes his mind.

I hope tonight is better.  It's been rather rough so far.  Oddly rough, actually.  Usually he goes down with no problems.

Edit: He's also 17 weeks old!

1 comment:

betsy said...

Our last 2 nights have been the same way. A nice long 4+ hr stretch to start and then 3+ hrs of awake after that.... It seems so hopeful that first time you wake up but then ends up being worse than just a normal 3 hr, feed, 3 hr again type cycle...