Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday: a blast from the past

In eighth grade, we had to keep a daily journal for our English class.  I've kept some sort of journal/blog on and off since then, but once in a while end up pulling them out.  I found them again as I was unpacking this week.

Oct 24, 1995  [Eighth grade]
It was cold today!  Really cold!  We had English the 1st two hours because Miss Bouws went with her homeroom to the power plant.  In gym we watched a short video about lacrosse and then played for about 15 minutes and I had a short sleeved shirt on.  It was freezing out!!  Everybody thought so!  In math we used a spreadsheet to find some answers, and it was really neat!  Band was boring  but we got fitted for our uniforms.  I think the scale is about 5 lbs off, or I gained 5 lbs in the last month   I had piano tonight and it went OK.  Also - there was an announcement today: "There will be no depantsing people."

Oct 24, 1996
No school today!! Mom was gone also.  Nathan and I (or at least me) had a bunch of chores to do.  In the end it wasn't that bad, though.

(The rest of the years managed to skip the 24th.  But I notice that I had an exclamation point problem.)

1 comment:

Amy Worrel said...

You mean: "I noticed I had an exclamation problem!!"