Monday, January 2, 2017

Monday: at home

The picture was from July, but it just made it to me a few days ago.  :)

Today we just hung around the house.  We played some games, did some exercising, and took down most of the Christmas decor.  Surprisingly, I was ready for it to come down.  Usually I feel like I drag my heels and take a little down at a time, but today I was ready.  The winter lights are still up and I kept a string that is half dead out...the half dead part is hidden.

Some friends are doing a challenge in which you remove 2017 items from your house throughout the year, trying to declutter.  This comes out to about five or six items a day, and that is just too much for me right now.  However, for the past year I have been thinking that some serious clean-up needs to be done as things are hanging around for too long.  So I'm partially joining; I think I'll see how many things I can get rid of, but will not try to hit the 2017 mark.  I'm currently at seven.  I got rid of some Christmas stuff that hasn't gone up for years and is not going to go up again.

In other news, Joshua has started to call Isaac "Puppy" and it's really cute.  I'm not sure if he'll understand that sometimes Isaac is Isaac and sometimes he's Puppy...we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Zachary and Jennifer said...

That is an interesting challenge, I haven't heard of it before. I think it would be a worthwhile challenge in our household too. 5-6 items a day is a lot though but a smaller version of it would be fun challenge to do! Heck, an item a day would be a plus for us. Thanks for sharing the idea. :-)