Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sunday: Love

My children like to say my name, especially Puppy Dog.  "Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom..."

They like to say it when we're waking up Ben and trying to be as close as possible to me. "Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom..."

They like to say it when they're happy, running, or hoping I'll stay a few extra minutes at bedtime. "Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom..."

It was a bit annoying, until I read this verse from Psalm 113: "Just to speak [God's] name is praise" (The Message) and I suddenly got it.  God is beyond words, and so sometimes trying to put words to why he is worthy is pointless.

To a much lesser extent, that's what my boys are doing.  They just want me to know that they love me.  So much that they don't have the words.  It makes the repetition more bearable and understandable.

However, I will still laugh when they try to get closer to me for one second before we get up to go read together at night because they can't stand to be apart from me for even that long.  Or in the mornings when they try to snuggle even closer then close.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Love that comparison!!!