Saturday, April 15, 2017

Saturday: egg activities and a fever

This morning Joshua wanted to do a lot of cuddling.  This is a little unlike him.  He also felt quite warm.  But in between the cuddling he was acting quite normal.  So I decided that we could wait to take his temperature; I find I often take a child's temperature just to have it be normal.  Well, we took a little run (Joshua was in the stroller) and when we got home Ben was up and about so the boys immediately said, "Digger!" and the day continued.

We followed digger time by two egg hunts.  Isaac was much better at it than Joshua, so for the second one we split up the locations.


(The egg is in the sub above him.)

(In this one, the egg can be seen in the sails of the boat.)


After that excitement we dyed the eggs.  I don't have a final picture, but I thought they came out pretty well.

Near the end Joshua got bored and went to Ben on the couch.  I then remembered that I thought he was hot and asked Ben what he thought.  Still hot.  So I got the thermometer and the poor boy was at 102.8deg.  If I had that temp I would not be running around and playing!  Anyway, we got some meds in him and he ended up eating his lunch.  The fever returned after the medicine wore off.  I had been optimistic because he woke up from his nap drenched in sweat, but I guess it didn't actually break.  He was still mostly his normal self though, with several extra cuddles thrown in.

No comments: