Monday, July 2, 2018

Monday: Joshua

Well...Joshua was a bit of a pain today.

The morning was ok.  He's been a bit whiney lately and this morning was no different, but not too bad.

Then we got to rest time.  Isaac was trying to play by him and it just wasn't working.  I told him he had to play nicely or go to his bed for a while, and he proceeded to crash over his Duplo tower, knocking it on Isaac's foot by accident, and getting some of the things Isaac was making.  I told him to go to his bed for two minutes.  Instead he went to the bathroom and missed the toilet.

I got him moving from that, set a timer, and went back to pretend to take my nap.  For the next half hour he cried.  All he wanted was tasty water (which Isaac got for him), a snack, and for Mom to fix his tower.  Isaac tried to help, but since it was a firm no to the last two items, I had to tell Isaac to just leave Joshua alone for a bit.

Rest time may have ended quite a bit earlier than normal.

The rest of the day was back to normal.  Whining but usually within tolerance.

I did get some nice snuggles though.  And last night he woke up and wanted to sleep with us, so I said yes for some reason.  After a time I brought him back to his bed, but the snuggles are nice.

No comments: