Thursday, July 5, 2018

Thursday: balloon animals

I decided I wanted to learn to make balloon animals.

Here we are, about to start.


Our first dogs didn't turn out so well.  They're noses are all pointed to the left.  From left to right we have mine, whose legs are different sizes and ears are too big.  Then Ben's, whose ears and neck are too big, and then Isaac's, whose nose is too big.

The second time around I knew what I was doing and made this one.  The red one is supposed to have a long body, although the tail is a bit long.

Ben's second one turned out as it was supposed to.

Isaac's turned out a bunch better too.

Joshua didn't enjoy the activity quite as much as I was expected.  However, we blew up a few balloons and let him release them and he did enjoy that.


I was most proud of my snail.

Ben made some lovebirds.  (They're supposed to be in a heart, but that part didn't turn out so well.  The birds turned out quite well though.)

Isaac was most proud of his snake. He made it himself and it had some eyes and a curl.  The making of the snake caused the only balloon pop, because he had been trying to make it from the tip to the knot of the balloon instead of from the knot to the tip.  Ben and I were both surprised a few times when the balloons didn't break on us.


Joshua made some presents.  I felt a bit bad for him, but we had played with him quite a bit in the morning.

Which reminds me, we brought Isaac back to the doctor for his cough and the current diagnosis is cough variant asthma.  We have an inhaler for daily use.  If there is an episode, we can increase the dosage and use another medication to calm everything down.  He should grow out of it in a few years.

We also got a new mattress today.  I took off the old one, and will be putting it on the guest bed, but in the meantime it is being used to jump on for a day or until someone gets really hurt.

1 comment:

betsy said...

What new kind of mattress did you get? U guys could hire out your balloon skills for birthday parties- ha!