Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Wednesday: activities

We started out the day with gymnastics.  On the way out Joshua told me, "I love gymnastics 100%!"  He stumbled a bit over the 100% part, but got it.  I was rather amused to hear that phrasing come out of his mouth.


A bit later we went to help at Kids' Food Basket.  Isaac has wanted to go for a while, but it doesn't work so well with him at school.  There was a different leader there today, which felt a bit awkward for me since Joshua was there and not technically allowed.  The previous leader said it was fine, but...  Anyway, they ended up with more helpers than they needed, and so we got reassigned to a different job and it was perfect.  We opened up boxes of stuff (applesauce, granola bars) and put them in milk crates for use when packing lunches.  It took us a lot longer than I could have done it myself, but that isn't really the point.

Later in the afternoon we went to the library for an animal program.  Joshua fell asleep immediately...I'm not sure he even got through the introductory remarks.  I keep wondering if it's the last time he'll fall asleep on my lap, and he keeps doing it again.  The snuggles are nice.  Isaac got to hold a snake and stood by a barn owl.


No comments: