Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Tuesday: confusion and snow mountians

My alarm goes off.  I turn it off and start getting out of bed.
Joshua, crying: But I didn't get to tell you!
Amanda: tell me what?
Joshua: when it happened.
Amanda: when what happened?
Joshua: I didn't get to tell you that I couldn't get to sleep.
Amanda: you didn't go to sleep?
Joshua: No!  I didn't sleep at all
Amanda: Yes, you slept last night.
Joshua: No!  I didn't get to tell you.
Joshua leaves the bedroom, but doesn't stop crying for the next five minutes.

***
Amanda is cleaning up breakfast, Joshua is still at the table.
Joshua: I get to go to school today.
Amanda: Right.  It's a school day for you.
Joshua: no, I get to go to school with you.
Amanda: No.  You'll go to your own school.
Joshua: I don't get to go with you?
Amanda: No.
Joshua: But why are there Duplos in your bag?
Amanda: they're to help the students learn.
Joshua: They're not for me?
Amanda: No.
Joshua: But...but...will I get them back?
Amanda: Yes. I'll bring them back tonight.
Joshua: ok.

***
After school we played outside for a bit.  The boys wanted to make snow and ice mountains, which worked well with my shoveling the driveway (a bit) and helping them out.  They especially liked the ice chunks from the end of the driveway.  My plan had been to let it melt this weekend, but it's always a bit scary to do that at the beginning of the winter...what if it doesn't actually melt??  This way I figure it'll be easier for it to melt, even if I didn't get all of it.

Isaac also stayed outside to do some sledding.  He was having a grand time!  Joshua came in just a little bit after I did; he had been wearing shoes because his boots are too small and his toes got cold.





No comments: