Thursday, January 17, 2019

Thursday: classes, doctor, animals, Isaac

It was Thursday, and so I taught today.  We started out with a short exam, and there were two people that just didn't show up.  I found this very odd, since in the (I think) 10 semesters of teaching the class times eight short exams this has happened less than five times.  They finally got a hold of me and both had the flu.  Yeah, the flu's rough...but it still seems as though they should have been with it enough for a short email.

I also got this quote in a summary of a video they needed to watch:

"I am starting to really see the benefits of excel. It has a lot more applicable functions to real life than I assumed it would."

It surprised me a little bit since Excel is so widely used for so many things.  But at the same time I'm glad to hear that the class is making a difference.

After teaching Joshua and I went back to the doctor due to his frequent urination.  Nothing abnormal was found in the urine, so we're being referred to DeVos for some testing.  There's an odd picture in the waiting room and Grey Bear wanted his picture next to the bear that looked like him.  (Because they both have the same mouth.)

Isaac still had a fever all day.  Most of the day it was controlled through Ibuprofen, but at dinner time he looked miserable and shivery.  He didn't have a temp, but we gave him some Tylenol anyway because I think it was the cold before the hot.  We're not trying to do anything in the next 48 hours, so giving him the medicine whether or not we see an increased temperature doesn't really matter.

While Isaac was feeling good he took a bunch of pictures of the cats with their puzzle box.  I'm not really sure which set of brothers likes it more.  I keep putting it away to save for a boring day for the cats, but the human brothers keep finding things they want to put in it.  :D

The snail, who I keep wondering if it's dead, was suddenly on top of the plants.  It even came 'all' the way out of it's shell.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Oh no! Sorry you didn't figure out Joshua's issues and Isaac is still sick :( :( Are you seeing a urologist at DeVos or another type of doctor?