Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Last Sunday: Shedd aquarium

We started out the last day with a trip to the pool.  Luckily this hotel had wonderful pool hours...6am-10pm.  We got there shortly after opening, due to the time change and kids that don't sleep in.  Going down the elevator a father commiserated with me about the early wake up.  (Note: I don't need them to sleep in much.  But it was a busy day and they got to bed late a little bit of sleeping in would be nice.)

On the last day of our stay we went to the aquarium.  In the past Isaac has not enjoyed aquariums, but I've never been to Shedd and I though Joshua would like it.  We told him to have a good attitude about it.

Well, after a bit of a hassle getting there due to the marathon we made it.  We went to see the dolphin show first and everyone loved it (even Isaac).


We watched the dolphins from under the water for quite a while too.



Besides the dolphins, there were four animals that really caught my eye...the Weedy Seadragon,

Jellies (although they're always a favorite),

Isaac and Joshua (oh, just kidding),

and these...I forgot what they were.  They're like tube worms and hid in the sand and would slowly come back up.  Once a fish swam by and they all disappeared down into their holes.

Joshua really wanted to take my picture on the sea turtle.  I has happy to oblige.



This is more what we're like though...Joshua squinting because he doesn't have his sunglasses on and Isaac going crazy.


After a late start on the train we took away the boys' screens.  They fell asleep pretty quickly.


No comments: